Civil CAD Designer – Team Lead
Are you looking for the opportunity to grow your talent by being an invaluable member of a team which takes great pride in what they do everyday? Are you a leader that values integrity and dedication, and who finds pride in the work you do? Are you ready to be part of a corporate culture where you will be challenged, rewarded, and recognized for your hard work?
Meritech Engineering is a growing, Waterloo Region based civil engineering firm with a group of dedicated professionals engaged in a broad spectrum of engineering and project management services. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Supportive and knowledgeable colleagues will stimulate the growth of your design skills; weekly catered, in-house training to help you towards your own personal growth goals.
What your day could look like:
· Collaborate with team members to produce quality designs and exceed client expectations, not just meet them
· Research and develop innovative and value-added methods to improve processes and workflows
· Perform quality control/peer review of peers’ work to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
· Improve and maintain CAD standards and procedures. Update in-house manuals as required
· Subject matter expert of the Meritech’s Autodesk Civil3D and AEC Collection processes and capabilities, including customizing and maintaining current templates, tools, etc.
· Main contact for in-house programs
· Train, mentor and lead a team of junior staff and co-op students
· Help enforce CAD design policies and procedures
How you will succeed:
· Your 7 plus years of experience has made you an expert with strong attention to detail
· You have excellent time management, communication, and organization skills
· You thrive in thinking ahead to the “next step” and how that will help with the successful completion of projects
· You want to be a part of our top-notch team while still bringing your individual ideas and experiences
· Experience within the engineering field and CET credentials are considered an asset
How we will help you succeed:
· Working with and learning from an award-winning team of dedicated design and construction specialists in the municipal and land development industries
· In-house as well as external training to support your career plans
· A competitive compensation package with exceptional employee benefits like sick time and a monthly internet allowance
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Meritech Engineering team please send your resume to: .
Meritech Engineering would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those who are invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.